Wednesday, September 2, 2009

need more improv

Since I started taking improv classes in January of this year, it's become apparent that improv is slowly becoming more and more important in my life.

I've become an improv nerd. My weeks aren't complete unless I've seen at least 2 shows. And I feel weird that I can't see shows on Sundays, Mondays, or Tuesdays...but it's for a good reason. And in a few years, Max will be old enough to come join me...so it's a small sacrifice.

This week has been really busy with work, making seeing shows really difficult...but I'm gonna try to get my 2 in...that's a promise.

Also, my iO class is amazing. I absolutely love it. I've only had one class, but man, what a plethora of things I learned in those 3 hours.

If I were to use metaphor to describe my relationship with improv, it would have to be like---um...like a new boyfriend. That's fitting right? I mean, you know that part of a relationship where everything is new and just peachy...that part where it's like, you know the other person burps and farts and has some not-so-good qualities, but you completely overlook that because you're so enamored? Yeah, that's me and improv right now...well, since January (and probably before...because, let's face it...I've had a crush on improv my entire life.)

Although, I guess it's more platonic...but, on the other hand, performing is sometimes as satisfying as sex...so in this analogy, improv is my boyfriend, in the honeymoon stage of the relationship, and performing (either in front of a crowd or in class) is the sex...or at least a hot and heavy make out session.

Yeah. It follows.

Anyhow, what the fuck am I talking about? Rereading all that, I realize how incredibly silly it sounds. But hey, I make no apologies for my awkwardness...that's just me.

For example:

























Not only did I actually leave the house to take Max to school in my penguin pajama pants...but I also managed to accidentally wear two different flip flops...and I didn't notice until I had gotten home. (I mean, I didn't notice the flip flops...I was well aware of the pants.)

Looking forward to Friday...I have a hot date with improv. (And perhaps one tonight if I can hustle...)

Whale poop.
(Non sequitur)

1 comment:

  1. very pleased to see the proper use of "non sequitur" at long last. you have made blog reading fun again.

    ReplyDelete