Friday, September 4, 2009

reasons why

I always find it really interesting to hear what made people decide to do improv.

I know, for me, it was always something that intrigued me. But I never had the time or the money to do it until this past January. And then, after a few classes, I realized it meant more to me than I had previously thought.

Just this week I asked a good friend about his journey. Same thing...always wanted to do it, never really had the means...then, after a seemingly terrible run with luck, it just happened for him. It was really interesting...I mean, it was a sad story, but I think it has a happy ending. The guy's a great improviser.

I also met someone who recently moved to Chicago for the sole purpose of improv. His excitement was so awesome to see...I mean, as a fresh improviser myself, I can completely relate. (That whole "honeymoon phase" thing I talked about last post.)

Anyhow, tonight is my second Level 1 class at iO. Super excited. Then I'm hoping to hit Improvised Shakespeare at 10:30, followed by the Jam.

I have been so hungry for this ALL WEEK.

Speaking of hungry...check out the size of this cookie I had yesterday:


























I must admit, I got about 5 bites in before it dominated me.

But it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment