Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Morning After

Jam last night went fairly swimmingly. I think I could have done better, but got a little stuck in my head.

This was mainly due to the fact that about 2 hours prior to Jam Time, I ended up with a small gall bladder attack which resulted in my having to walk to 7-11 for Rolaids...eating 6 of those Rolaids, removing my bra (the constriction from the strapless I was wearing wasn't helping my situation...), and lounging in the booth at Goose Island a la Al Bundy, minus my hand in my pants. (Taking note of my odd posture at the bar, I proceeded to practice my object work by pretending to drink a beer and use the 'clicker')

By 11:40, the attack was over thank goodness. I mean, I was literally dizzy from the pain in my tums. But since losing weight, it's rare I have attacks any more...which is totally a good thing.

I was so not about to let that rascal of a gall bladder spoil my good time. I'm a freaking trooper, right?

I had a few good scenes, and two terrible ones. But, whatever...you learn, right? What was really fun about yesterday was watching some of the seasoned pros play two rounds of "Sing It," one of which resulted in 3 encores, and 2 medleys. Hilarious and brilliant.

After the jam, I headed for the red line. Some friends from work were still hanging out and playing Rock Band. Upon entering the train I noticed 3 old men trying to be 20-something club-heads, and a fairly large gentleman in a fairly small purple sweatshirt. I also noticed the distinct smell of urine, and what might possibly be described as the odor from a dead carcass. Being from Indiana, all of this stuff is still interesting for me.

I left the train and headed for the Rock, sang a few songs, beat on the drums, and then finally headed home.

All in all a pretty good Friday night, I'd say.

Not much improv planned for the weekend. I have a little writing to do for work, and the boy is with me this weekend. However, Monday night I'll be catching at show at the Playground, as the boy will be in bed and a sitter's been locked down. I have him every Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday and every other Saturday. It's different, but it just works. So I always get a little excited when I go out on one of those nights, it's like a different world to me.

Yeah...I know...the simplest things appease me, right?

What else?

Oh yes. They announced my Level C instructor. Turns out he used to be a writer for You Don't Know Jack---the trivia game my company produces. Small freaking world. Can't wait for the first class.

I'll write something tomorrow. Not sure what. But it will be...well, I'm not making any promises because it just might be really lame. But, it will be something.

4 comments:

  1. Is it Phil R.? Or Jeremy H? I'm dying to know who your instructor is going to be. Tell me!

    Oh, and are you absolutely sure about the Gall bladder thing? Is this diagnosed, or is it just something you are guessing about? Let me know. I had the same thing last year and despite me knowing with 100% certainty since it runs in my family, I was 100% wrong. Turned out it was a common ulcer. A few weeks of meds and never happened again. I'm just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Edmund O. I really need to set this thing up to tell me when I get a comment. I had no idea you'd left one until just now (June 6th!)

    And no, I didn't have it diagnosed yet! Maybe it IS a common ulcer! I should really look into this...I mean really. A few weeks of meds? That's it? I'm crossing all apendages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edmund is who I went to see at Second City with his wife Dana. They were amazing. Tell him I said Hi. He is a brilliantly funny and genuinely nice guy.

    ReplyDelete