Monday, October 5, 2009

I'm a terrible blogger...

I'm sorry. It's been nearly a month an no updates. What the crap is my problem?

I guess I've just been really busy. With what? Well, work, Max, improv...the whole lot. I'm about to finish level D at Second City. Our show is this coming Sunday the 11th at 2:30pm in the e.t.c. Theater at Second City. Should be a good time. I know I'm excited. Only catch is that it's the same day as the Chicago Marathon, so traffic and parking will be horrendous. Ick.

I'm 2 classes away from finishing level 1 at iO, all signed up for level 2. Brilliant news: I got the internship at iO. I'm so super excited about it it's ridiculous. I mean seriously...incontinent with excitement.

I'm also planning to audition for the Incubator program in a couple weeks. Things are going to get busy, right? But I figure, I worked 3 jobs, went to school full time, and raised a kid...so this should be easy.

I feel like everything I'm writing is terribly lame. I think it's because it's more stream of consciousness than well-thought-out blog entry. Plus I'm catching you all up on things that have happened over the course of nearly an entire month. (This is why we start improv scenes AFTER the "Hey how are you" moment.)

What else? Well, my birthday is this month. October 23rd I'll be 29. That's crazy. I mean, seriously weird. The last year of my 20s? Are you kidding? Where the heck did the time go? I'm not saying that I'm old (although, some might argue that I am...) nor do I feel old (although this time of year the cold weather makes my joints hurt...and recently if I eat anything after 8pm I get heartburn...) but it just feels like the last 4 or 5 years just flew the eff by. Like I blinked and bam...I've time travelled to age 29.

It's been making me really introspective...and also, a little be more willing to take risks, I guess? I'm not sure how to explain it.

Last week was busy at work, so I only caught the jam and Blackout, in terms of improv. Saw a really fun Halloween Burlesque show Saturday. I recommend you check it out if you're a fan of hilarity and burlesque dancing. Risque, but classy.

This week I'm crammin' in more improv...Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Break Saturday to chill with Max, and cap the weekend off with my Level D show.

It's gonna be a wild ride. Hang on tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment